Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spiritual adoption of the unborn and Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist


Today the parish launced its Spirital Adoption of the Unborn to coincide with the period of Our Lord's gestation in the womb of His Virgin Mother. Parishioners were invited to adopt an unborn baby - naming it if they wished (I have named mine James, the name my mother gave to a child she miscarried) - and to pray Archbishop Fulton Sheen's the prayer of spiritual adoption each day.


The prayer runs as follows:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn child whom I have spiritually adopted and who is in danger of an abortion.
Here are some of our young parishioners pictured with postulants of the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist who were visiting Marquette this weekend.



The sisters with pastor Msgr Michael Steber and our own Sisters of Saint Paul of Chartes:



And...

No caption needed!

2 comments:

  1. Father, what lovely pictures! The epitome of Christian joy! Those Sisters look so happy and serene. No wonder they are having a vocations crisis of the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment from diddleymaz that I inadvertently rejected (was moderating from my ipod and my fingers were not in the right place!)

    I love to see photos of happy sisters and priests.:)

    ReplyDelete

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...