- priests function only by faculty of their respective Ordinaries;
- we all hope for justice in the Church;
- sometimes the innocent suffer;
- this applies to priests;
- priests are ordained to a special consecration unto Christ the Head
- Who was the Innocent Victim
- and if we priests become innocent victims...
- we must be prepared to embrace the suffering involved
- and in humble obedience
- die to ourselves
- even while pursuing the legitimate recourses to which we have a right in Canon Law
- no matter how slowly these may proceed
- or how unjustly we may think we are being treated.
- So Corapi should do the same.
- He should die to self rather than refusing to die (as he puts it on his new website) by "resigning" his priesthood and leading people away from their pastors by the scandal that such a public defection is causing in the Church.
Saturday, June 25, 2011
Father Corapi is causing scandal
Briefly... in the hope that I might post more thoughtfully on the subject: