Monday, September 28, 2009

Tragic deaths on Beaver Road, South Ashford

At midnight Saturday night I was feeling sorry for myself as the Church Hall alarm went off and I had to get up and sort it out. Little did I know that 15 minutes later two people would lose their lives as a car mounted the pavement just a couple of minutes' walk from here. The names of the two who died are confirmed as a 49 year old mother of three, Denise Head, and 67 year old Brian Moon. A 12 year old girl was critically injured. A 24 year old man has been charged with driving after consuming excess alcohol and failing to stop after the incident.

News of the accident is carried by the following, amongst others:
Kentish Express
Daily Mail
Yahoo
BBC

A floral memorial has built up outside the nearby Marino's Fish Bar. I have left a card offering sympathy and a Mass for the repose of the souls of those who have died, the injured and their families.

3 comments:

  1. May they rest in peace. My prayers are offered for the deceased and the little girl.
    It makes me grateful and reminds me to thank God for my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the angels receive them into paradise and may God comfort and console their families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew Denise, such a bubbly and friendly lady, I understand the little girl is out of intensive care, my prayers and thoughts for the families and friends, the local residents who witnessed such a horrific scene, and off course the parademics and police.

    ReplyDelete

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...