Monday, August 3, 2009

Novena to St Jean Marie Vianney Day 9: For the Desire of Heaven

O Holy Priest of Ars, your precious remains are contained in a magnificent reliquary, the donation from the priests of France. But this earthly glory is only a very pale image of the unspeakable glory which you are enjoying with God. During the time you were on earth, you used to repeat in your dejected hours, "One will rest in the other life." It is done, you are in eternal peace, and eternal happiness. I desire to follow you one day. Until then, I hear you saying to me: "You should work and fight as long as you are in the world." Teach me then to work for the salvation of my soul, to spread the good news and good example and to do good towards those around me in order that I will receive the happiness of the Elect with you. Holy Priest of Ars, I have confidence in your intercession. Pray for me during this novena especially for… (mention your request).
Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be to the Father.

O St John Vianney,
Patron of Priests,
pray for us
and for all priests!

3 comments:

  1. Father Finigan's blog The hermeneutic of continuity led me to your blog, so let's give it a serious try out......Pray for me during this novena especially for my individual FARE JUSTICE NOT VENGEANCE FOCUS 1991-2009 legal case involving the MPA,IPCC, and the MPS too.

    Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be to the Father.


    O St John Vianney,
    Patron of Priests,
    pray for us
    and for all priests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fr John glad to see you back! Will add you to my links..might you add me?

    ReplyDelete

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...