Monday, August 3, 2009

Novena to St Jean Marie Vianney Day 8: For Exquisite Purity

O Holy Priest of Ars, a witness of your life made this magnificent praise of you: "We would have taken him for an angel in a mortal body." You so edified others: the modesty and the exquisite purity radiated from your body. With such charm and with such enthusiasm you preached to others about these beautiful virtues which you said resembled the perfume of a vineyard in bloom. Please I beg you to join your entreaties to those of Mary Immaculate and Saint Philomena in order that I guard always, as God asks me, the purity of my heart. You, who have directed so many souls towards the heights of virtue, defend me in temptations and obtain for me the strength to conquer them. Holy Priest of Ars, I have confidence in your intercession. Pray for me during this novena especially for… (mention your request).
Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be to the Father.

6 comments:

  1. So glad to see your reappearance on the blogosphere, and what a lovely topic to make your comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Father Boyle! Great you are back! I am so thrilled and am sure I am only one of many.

    Greetings from California,

    Finola

    ReplyDelete
  3. California is on my 'want to visit' list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, by all means you have your west coast fans. Plenty of Missions around here to explore.
    From San Diego all the way up the coastline the friars tried to plan to have a mission about a day or two's walking/riding horseback distance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please make it the San Francisco bay area, Father, as we would all love to meet you. We have some great parishes around here... Church of the Nativity, Menlo Park, Our Lady of Peace Church and Shrine in Santa Clara too. No problem with accommodation. Just say when and the red carpet will be awaiting you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can listen to this novena if you wish at: www.philomena.org

    ReplyDelete

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...