Sunday, August 2, 2009

Good to be back

A post such as the following could not express better the appreciation of the laity for priest bloggers. If we can confirm such people as Kate (see her blog At home in my Father's house) in her loyalty and fidelity to the Catholic faith, it's worthwhile.

I take this opportunity of assuring Kate of my fraternal prayers for her priest-brother in the Clifton diocese.
The good news is, that Fr. John Boyle, previously blogging as 'South Ashford Priest' is back with a new blog, 'Caritas in Veritate' -has a certain ring about it, don't you think?

I am delighted that Fr. Boyle is back in the blogosphere, I missed his previous blog very much; it had been a source of inspiration, knowlege and catechesis, reaching people like me, far beyond the boundary of his parish.

When I started following the Catholic blogs, Fr. Boyle's blog was one of those that I found among the most helpful to me, as a Catholic wife and mother.

One of my brothers is a Parish priest in the Diocese of Clifton, so, I do have some understanding of just how busy the life of a parish priest is. And maintaining a blog is quite time consuming, as I have discovered myself. It seems to me that priest bloggers offer a gratuitous and ongoing act of 'caritas in veritate', for the benefit of all who are able to access the blogosphere, and what a great benefit it is.

Thank you Fathers, one and all.

Thank you, Kate!

In the few hours since I started this blog, I have had 442 visits thanks to referrals as the news has got round.

Great to be back!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your prayers Fr. and for your kind words, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...