Wednesday, June 13, 2012

St Anthony of Padua

The statue of St Anthony in our Church.
Today is our parish patronal feast. The Solemnity is being transferred to this coming Sunday when Bishop Sample will come to celebrate the 11am Mass in honour of our centennial celebrations.

A commemorative prayer card has been produced:


St Anthony won many heretics and others in error back to the Catholic faith. There are many in our own parish who have lapsed from the practice of the faith or who have joined other denominations. My prayer request for St Anthony's intercession is their return to the one true fold of Christ.

Here's the prayer in larger print (it is being recited daily after Mass as a Novena in preparation for Sunday):
St. Anthony, you are glorious for your miracles and for the condescension of Jesus Who came as a little child to lie in your arms. Obtain for me from His bounty the grace which I ardently desire. You were so compassionate toward sinners, do not regard my unworthiness. Let the glory of God be magnified by you in connection with the particular request that I earnestly present to you.

[State your request here.]

As a pledge of my gratitude, I promise to live more faithfully in accordance with the teachings of the Church, and to be devoted to the service of the poor whom you loved and still love so greatly. Bless this resolution of mine that I may be faithful to it until death.

St. Anthony, consoler of all the afflicted, pray for me.

St. Anthony, helper of all who invoke you, pray for me.

St. Anthony, whom the Infant Jesus loved and honored so much, pray for me. Amen.


1 comment:

  1. St. Anthony has been my best friend since childhood. He has never let me down, though I try to be sparing in asking for his favours. I got to Mass today to say thank you to him for his gifts and blessings, many given without request.
    I wish you a happy feast day.
    That's a lovely statue. Is it French?

    ReplyDelete

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...