Monday, July 25, 2011

Pray for the good and suffering priests of Ireland


God knows it must be hard being a priest in Ireland right now.

I have little to add to my previous posts (here and here) about the whole sad affair but would refer readers to my good friends Fr Timothy Finigan (Thoughts on Ireland), Fr Sean Finnegan (500 and 500b) and Fr Ray Blake (Fr Hoban's pain and a possible solution). Their posts are perceptive and the comments they have provoked enlightening.

There appears to be little sympathy amongst commentors with the Association of Catholic Priests in Ireland who are making a lot of noise about the scandal. They have had a liberal agenda involving dissent and disobedience and now blame the bishops and the Pope! See my friends' posts and the comments and draw your own conclusions.

I have some good friends who are faithful priests in Ireland. Please pray for them.

An open invitation to any Irish priest who wants to rest and relax and recharge spiritually: contact me. I am currently in a parish and diocese where the people have nothing but love and respect for their priests. Be assured of my prayers for you.

1 comment:

  1. An open invitation to any Irish priest who wants to rest and relax and recharge spiritually: contact me. I am currently in a parish and diocese where the people have nothing but love and respect for their priests. Be assured of my prayers for you.

    Fr., thank you so so much (on their behalf!) for your invitation to help your brother priests. God reward you for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...