Monday, April 5, 2010

Rocco Buttiglione defends Pope Benedict on the Today Programme

Like Father Ray Blake, I too heard this excellent interview given by the Professor friend of Pope John Paul II. He met John Humphrey's continued misrepresentation of the facts in combative style, giving as good as he got. Listen to the interview here. It's encouraging. Humphrey's is snearing, as usual. 'People expect the Pope to say sorry' says Humphreys. 'But he has said sorry' I screamed at the radio between mouthfuls of corn flakes and banana. And Buttiglione riposted appropriately.

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a happy Easter Father.
    My PP tried to approach the horrible situation side on; I felt sad for him that he couldn't just come out and say what was obviously something so painful for him. I wish we were more supportive of our priests.
    We all suffer because of this, but I think you priests get the worst of it.
    God bless you (and my PP who is a good man)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to listen to this interview, but the link doesn't seem to work... I get an error "Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory."

    Any other source?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father, it there a transcript of this programme?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael: this is a matter of BBC policy and copyright issues, I think, which means certain programmes are not available in other countries. Norah: couldn't find any transcript.

    ReplyDelete

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...