Sunday, June 13, 2010

Farewells and thanks

As parishioners and some others know I will be on the move soon, if everything goes according to plan.

Our Divine Mercy group have already held a thank you and farewell lunch. Today many of those who attend the Sunday Masses in the usus antiquior joined together for a lunch kindly hosted by a certain member of our congregation where they graciously expressed their gratitude and presented me with a copy of a most wonderful book: The Catholic Priest, Image of Christ.


Here's a brief promotional video about the book:



It is published in English by Gracewing with the support of The Institute of Christ the Sovereign Priest at whose website you will find much more information.

I will be telling many groups how much I have learned from them. These good people patiently revealed to me the beauty of the more ancient form of the Liturgy. The 'Tridentine Mass' has been celebrated in the parish for a number of years, initially by visiting priests arranged by one of the above people, until I began to celebrate it myself a couple of years ago. They have been nothing but kind and generous and patient. I will be eternally grateful to them and they shall always be remembered in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...