Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Holy Transfiguration Skete, Keweena Peninsula


This is just a photo post - some of the pics I have taken in the last couple of days. Above: the monastery from the road.


The monastery Jampot Bakery. It's closed for the winter. Here's how it looks in the summer (photo credit Buellwood Weaver and Fiber Guild):


And here's a picture of the inside during last year's season (photo courtesy Jampot Online).


Father Basil (on the right) and Father Sergius:



The monks do a good trade and, of course, rely on it for income. Before coming here everyone said I should visit the Jampot (I think they must have forgotten that it would be closed in the winter). So do go on line and see what tickles your fancy! You can read some reviews here.


The wintry road.

Frozen Lake Superior.


Frozen Lake Superior.


Don't try walking on the ice!


The monastery from the frozen beach.

The monastery from my cabin.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting these pictures, the monks with cupcakes made me smile! I wonder if they taste as good as they look? I expect they do.Here in Wales we get lovely chocolate from the Cistercians of Caldey Island(and scent).
    May God Bless your Retreat.

    ReplyDelete

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...