Sunday, September 20, 2009

Prayers on Radio 3 for the former Bishop of London - now a Catholic!


As I was reviewing and revising/updating tomorrow's Canon Law lecture, I had the sublime Choral Evensong from St Paul's Cathedral playing through the computer. It was a 1982 archive broadcast. When they came to the intercessions, they prayed for 'Graham our bishop.' Graham is now Mgr Graham Leonard. I hope Anglicans listening will have seen the funny side of this. Say a prayer for them.


Listen again if you want to hear a beautiful service.

UPDATE: See sad news about Mgr Leonard's health in the combox. Pray for him and his family.

2 comments:

  1. I recently went to visit Mons Graham Leonard & his lovely wife Priscilla. Sadly he has suffered a major stroke & is unable to speak only make a few sounds. How terrible for us all who loved to hear his beautiful voice. Please pray for the Leonards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting us know this. I had no idea. Will keep him and his family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...