Monday, October 19, 2009

Tutorial for the celebration of Mass in the Extraordinary Form

I was recently sent a link to this website and found these video tutorials. As parishioners know I offer Mass in this form every Wednesday evening and on the 2nd, 4th and 5th Sundays of the Month in the parish.

Here are the videos. I thought I'd put them on my blog so I can find them easily and correct any errors I might be making. They might also be of interest to those who would like to learn something of the significance of the extroardinary form.

I would not want my publishing these here to be interpreted in any way as a non-acceptance of the ordinary form of the Mass which I celebrate daily (except for Wednesdays when I am in the parish.) In other words, I simply accept Pope Benedict's motu proprio Summorum Pontificum (and therefore feel that the celebration of the older form of the Mass can do much to re-root us in our tradition and to enrich the celebration of the newer Mass).











No comments:

Post a Comment

Please avoid being 'anonymous' if at all possible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...